US: Beam Global names marketing chief
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has appointed a global chief marketing officer.
Rory Finlay will assume the position, as well as that of senior vice president, from 29 January, the US-based company said yesterday (3 January).
Finlay will be responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of global marketing strategies for Beam Global's leading spirits brands. He joins Beam from Wm Wrigley Jr. Co. where he was vice president and managing director of new confectionary brands.
"Rory Finlay is a proven builder of leading consumer brands with an impressive record of growing iconic brands in key global markets and launching fast-growing new products," said Tom Flocco, president and CEO of Beam.
"With the expansion of our portfolio of premium brands, Beam Global is on its way to becoming a brand-led company. Rory has extensive experience building brands from idea through field execution. He has driven several successful multi-brand efforts on both global and national levels, making him an excellent fit with our brand-led strategy."
Finlay will serve as a member of the Beam Global executive committee and will report directly to Flocco.
John Muller, Finlay's predecessor in the marketing position on an interim basis, returns to his original position of senior vice president for strategy and corporate development.
Beam's acquisition of Teacher's and Laphroaig may not have attracted as much attention as some other elements of the Allied Domecq sell-off but as Michael Cockram, Scotch brand director at Beam Global...
The Swedish spirits producer V&S Group is up for sale and, with the global premium vodka brand Absolut as its prime asset, has attracted much attention from major international players. Jeremy Cunning...
Beam Global UK plans to launch a loyalty scheme for its Courvoisier cognac brand as part of a GBP3m (US$5.96) investment to help UK pubs generate more profit from the category....
The outgoing managing director of Beam Global Spirits & Wine's UK division is switching to become CEO of Cobra Beer....
Fortune Brands has reiterated its earnings targets for both the second quarter and full year....
Fortune Brands appears to be upping its profile in the impending race to acquire Sweden's Vin & Sprit....
The managing director of Beam Global Spirits & Wine UK has left the company....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine is to support Canadian Club with a double-digit increase in its advertising and promotion spend, the company said....
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Wm Grant redesigns Glenfiddich 21yo Gran Reserva
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends