UK: Beam Global, Maxxium to maintain Courvoisier spend
Maxxium UK's Courvoisier marketing packs a punch
Maxxium UK said today (9 March) that it will match its GPB15m (US$24.2m) spend on Courvoisier last year, when the distributor raised its spend on the brand by 25% versus 2009.
Courvoisier has increased its dominance of the UK Cognac market in the last 12 months by increasing sales in both volume and value, according to Maxxium. In 2011, the distributor is to launch a new campaign, entitled 'Upgrade', which will encourage consumers to upgrade from their usual drink to Courvoisier.
In a challenge to Diageo's Pimm's, Maxxium will seek to continue to increase Courvoiser's links with punch. The group is keen to get consumers and bartenders to mix their own punch recipes using Courvoisier VS, VSOP and, predominantly in bars, Courvoisier Exclusif.
"By communicating Courvoisier punch as an upgrade to their usual drink choice, we will encourage more consumers to try Cognac,” said Maxxium's marketing manager for Courvoisier, Janice McIntosh.
In 2010, Courvoisier increased its share of the UK Cognac market to 61% and 63% in volume and value respectively, compared to a volume share of 55% and a value share of 59% in 2009, according to Maxxium.
The distributor will take the Upgrade campaign to several festivals in the UK this summer, including the Edinburgh Fringe, Brighton Festival and Secret Garden Party.
Maxxium UK is a joint-venture between Beam Global and The Edrington Group.
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Premiumisation comes to bottled water - NPD
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Carlsberg's Shed Head and Bad Apple craft - NPD
- Asahi loses Q1 sales overseas
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Carbonates in India