AUS: Beam eyes Skinnygirl boost after Bethenny Frankel tour
The Skinnygirl range has seen success in the US
Beam is forecasting a jump in demand for Skinnygirl in Australia after a promotional campaign by the brand's US founder.
TV presenter and entreprenuer Bethenny Frankel, who launched Skinnygirl in 2009 and sold it to Beam two years later, was in Australia last week promoting the brand through media interviews and a trade and consumer event at the Sydney Opera House Marquee. Skinngirl was launched in Australia in 2011 - the first market outside the US.
Steve Inch, Beam's Oceania MD, said: “We’re confident that putting the spotlight on Bethenny’s intrinsic association with Skinnygirl Cocktails will significantly increase demand for the brand in this market.”
The brand has seen significant success in the US, with Beam reporting a 19% rise in sales in 2012. In the US, the Skinnygirl range includes four flavoured vodka variants, three wine varieties and five RTD cocktail variants, with a mojito version due to launch.
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends