UZBEKISTAN: BBH toasts new Uzbek brewery
Baltic Beverages Holding has officially inaugurated its new brewery in Uzbekistan.
The Carlsberg-Scottish & Newcastle joint venture said today (6 September) that the greenfield brewery in Tashkent began operations in July, but was officially opened this week.
BBH has teamed up with Uzbek firm Sarbast Plus in the country, with BBH holding a 75.1% stake in the tie-up. BBH has invested in the region of EUR50m (US$68.3m) in the facility, as well as in training and the development of marketing and distribution systems.
The initial planned capacity of the plant is 1m hectolitres per annum, with the potential to double the capacity by the end of 2008. The site produces a local beer brand, also known as Sarbast, and employs around 300 staff.
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Scottish & Newcastle has been given full clearance to proceed with the construction of its first brewery in Vietnam, according to local reports....
Anheuser-Busch has refused to be drawn on claims that it is the latest brewer to consider scuppering Carlsberg and Heineken's move for Scottish & Newcastle....
Carlsberg and Heineken have ended a nerve-wracked week by noting the issuance of the scheme document for their acquisition of Scottish & Newcastle....
SABMiller has been moved to issue a statement following speculation that it may tender a counterbid for Scottish & Newcastle....
SABMiller has refused to comment on reports that it is considering a counterbid for Scottish & Newcastle....
Heineken has seen its full-year profits take a hammering following a ruling last year that it had been part of a cartel in the Netherlands....
Scottish & Newcastle has refused to be drawn on claims that its defence against a pending takeover cost the brewer in the region of GBP50m (US$97.1m)....
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research