UZBEKISTAN: BBH to open Uzbek brewery
Baltic Beverages Holding has confirmed that it is set to build a brewery in Uzbekistan.
The Eastern European brewer will construct the facility in the country's capital Tashkent through its joint venture Sarbast Plus, a spokesperson for the company told just-drinks today (8 November).
"BBH will invest EUR50m in the new brewery in an attempt to meet demand in the country," the spokesperson said. "It will be the company's first brewery in Uzbekistan, and is another example of how BBH has been successful in markets like Kazakhstan and the Baltic States - by being an early mover into these markets."
The new site is expected to be operational before June next year, with Annual capacity expected to reach 1m hectolitres at the new site.
Sarbast Plus was created this summer between BBH, which holds a 75.1% stake in the company, and Uzbek firm Sarbast Plus, which holds the remaining 24.9%.
The announcement follows confirmation last week that Baltika, one of the four Russian brewers owned by BBH, is looking to build a new facility in the Siberian town of Novosibirsk. Although a final decision has yet to be made, the company will decide either way "by the end of the year", a spokesperson told just-drinks.
Nils S. Andersen has overseen something of a turnaround at Carlsberg since taking over as president and CEO in 1999 but he is determined to keep his and the company's feet on the ground. Dean Best met...
An investment bank has shifted its coverage for both Scottish & Newcastle and Carlsberg....
Carlsberg has warned of the potential dangers it faces should it look to buy Scottish & Newcastle out of its joint venture in Eastern Europe. The Danish brewer announced late last week that it was loo...
Scottish & Newcastle has had an "encouraging start" to 2007, according to the brewer's chairman....
Diageo and SABMiller are pondering the break-up of Scottish & Newcastle, according to reports....
Baltika Breweries has doubled its spend on a new brewery in Siberia....
A Ukrainian brewer owned by Baltic Beverages Holding has been granted a loan from the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)....
Baltika Breweries has begun exporting its beer to North Korea....
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- This week in spirits & wine
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts