ESTONIA/UK: Baltic Beer Company switches Viru distributors
Baltic Beer Company has changed distributors for Viru in the UK and the US
Baltic Beer Company has confirmed changes of distribution for its Viru beer brand in the UK and the US.
The company, which owns the Estonian beer brand but is based in London, said earlier today (21 August) that it will switch distribution in the UK to Matthew Clark-controlled Catalyst Brands. The beer was previously handled by Global Brands, which inherited Viru when it bought Inspirit Brands in May 2010.
“We feel that Global Brands and Inspirit have done a decent job, but we're ready to play with one of the bigger boys,” said Baltic Beer Co's director, Paul Baxendale.
In the US, Dolce Beverage Group has been appointed as exclusive importers. The Illinois-based company replaces C2 Imports, which handled Viru for around three years.
“We're convinced the new importers can take the brand to the next stage,” Baxendale added.
Viru is available in 20 export markets, with Taiwan and Poland coming on board earlier this year.
Matthew Clark, jointly-owned by Accolade Wines and Punch Taverns, set up Catalyst Brands earlier this year. The division distributes Campari's spirits brands in the UK, as well as Diageo's Blossom Hill and Pernod Ricard's Jacob's Creek wine brands.
Although it is being trumpeted as the next big thing, gin has not bounced back as much as spirits companies claim. Chris Mercer looks at the figures and asks, when does the revival kick in?...
The international scope of the Scotch whisky sector and its strong growth in emerging markets has allowed the market to continue growing in spite of the global downturn. However, as a new just-drinks/...
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- Global Tequila market hits new highs in 2014
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets