ESTONIA/UK: Baltic Beer Company switches Viru distributors
Baltic Beer Company has changed distributors for Viru in the UK and the US
Baltic Beer Company has confirmed changes of distribution for its Viru beer brand in the UK and the US.
The company, which owns the Estonian beer brand but is based in London, said earlier today (21 August) that it will switch distribution in the UK to Matthew Clark-controlled Catalyst Brands. The beer was previously handled by Global Brands, which inherited Viru when it bought Inspirit Brands in May 2010.
“We feel that Global Brands and Inspirit have done a decent job, but we're ready to play with one of the bigger boys,” said Baltic Beer Co's director, Paul Baxendale.
In the US, Dolce Beverage Group has been appointed as exclusive importers. The Illinois-based company replaces C2 Imports, which handled Viru for around three years.
“We're convinced the new importers can take the brand to the next stage,” Baxendale added.
Viru is available in 20 export markets, with Taiwan and Poland coming on board earlier this year.
Matthew Clark, jointly-owned by Accolade Wines and Punch Taverns, set up Catalyst Brands earlier this year. The division distributes Campari's spirits brands in the UK, as well as Diageo's Blossom Hill and Pernod Ricard's Jacob's Creek wine brands.
Although it is being trumpeted as the next big thing, gin has not bounced back as much as spirits companies claim. Chris Mercer looks at the figures and asks, when does the revival kick in?...
The international scope of the Scotch whisky sector and its strong growth in emerging markets has allowed the market to continue growing in spite of the global downturn. However, as a new just-drinks/...
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- This week in spirits & wine
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Britvic's FY Performance by Region - Focus
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Beam Suntory's Laphroaig Brodir - NPD
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts