UK: Ballantine's gets Scottish Open deal extension
Ballantine's blended Scotch
Pernod subsidiary Chivas Brothers has signed a three-year extension to the current Ballantine's sponsorship deal, to run until 2012.
The blended whisky has been official supplier to the golf tournament since it was first held in 2007.
Players will also be awarded a Ballantine’s 21 Year Old for the lowest round of the day and the champion will be presented with a bottle of rare Ballantine’s 30 Year Old, said Chivas Brothers. There will also be on-course visibility, VIP hospitality, private whisky education seminars and the Ballantine’s 12 birdie hole at the tournament, which runs from 8 to 11 July.
Golf has played a large part in Chivas Brothers' growth strategy for Ballantine's.
The group is committed to running The Ballantine's Championship in Korea until at least 2013.
The Southern Wine & Spirits unit in the US state of Indiana has appointed a sales manager for its Pernod Ricard-led prestige sales division....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report