US: Bacardi USA posts record sales in 2003
Bacardi USA, a unit of Bermuda-based Bacardi, said US depletions reached an all-time high of more than 8.2m cases in 2003, led by its signature line of rums.
"Bacardi rum is the key to favorite drinks like the mojito and is the primary ingredient in the world's most popular cocktail, Bacardi and cola," said Eduardo Sardina, Bacardi USA's president and CEO. "We are also cognizant of the change in lifestyle of many of our consumers. Bacardi and diet cola has no sugar and no carbohydrates, so it fits current health and fitness consumer trends."
Rum depletions rose 5%, partly due to the introduction of raspberry, vanilla and coconut flavors. Sales of its Bacardi Silver line, which is produced in partnership with Anheuser-Busch and includes Bacardi Silver Raz and Bacardi Silver 03, grew "beyond original predictions" with a 20% jump. Bacardi's line of drink mixes also beat company expectations with depletions of 500,000 cases.
Dewar's volume sales and market share rose, boosted by a 30% increase in Dewar's 12 depletions. Bombay Gin sales increased, with Bombay Sapphire seeing double-digit gains. Cazadores Blue Agave tequila depletions rose 16% in the brand's first full year since acquisition, Martini & Rossie vermouth rose 4%, Martini & Rossi Asti rose 3% and Disaronno Amaretto gained 7%.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Berkshire Hathaway Inc., the holding company of billionaire Warren Buffett, has acquired a significant stake in Anheuser-Busch....
Brown-Forman Beverages has replaced Bacardi as its spirits distributor in Canada....
Bacardi USA., Inc. has appointed Sex and the City actress Kim Cattrall as the celebrity spokeswoman for its new FAB, Island Breeze....
Anheuser-Busch has threatened to stop buying rice from Missouri if the state allows genetically modified, drug-making crops to grow within its borders....
Anheuser-Busch has increased its economic interest in China's Tsingtao to 27% upon its conversion of all the remaining convertible bonds in Tsingtao....
Anheuser-Busch has revealed plans to launch a new variant in its Bacardi Silver range....
Equity analyst Legg Mason has downgraded its rating of the US brewer Anheuser-Busch from "hold" to "sell" after the company issued a statement saying it expected sales below previous estimates....
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends