GLOBAL: Bacardi teams with Rafael Nadal for global social responsibility role
Bacardi has switched global social responsibility ambassadors, from Michael Schumacher to Rafael Nadal.
The company, which recruited Schumacher for three years back in 2007, yesterday (22 March) announced that tennis player Nadal will lead its 'Champions Drink Responsibly' campaign. The global role has been extended to include the US.
Séamus McBride, Bacardi's president and CEO, said: “We are now building into the fourth year of the 'Champions Drink Responsibly' campaign having launched with Michael Schumacher and we are delighted that Rafael has agreed to carry forth our campaign for the next few years.”
Bacardi is looking to stage a number of events with Nadal around international tennis tournaments, including Madrid, Wimbledon, and the US Open.
For a behind-the-scenes look at Bacardi's ad shoot with Nadal, click play, below.
Johnnie Walker has strengthened its position as the biggest-selling spirits brand in the travel retail channel, ahead of next week's TFWA exhibition in Cannes....
Diageo is toasting the release of The IWSR's Top 50 International Spirits Brands list, holding on to the top spot and boasting the largest grower in the top ten....
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Analysis - Cider's Campaign Gains
- Sustainability in Drinks - Sugar: A Shared Priorit
- Pernod Ricard appoints Absolut Vodka VP
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Beam Suntory to re-package Courvoisier Cognac
- Brown-Forman looks to raise US$500m
- TWE, Pernod hail China-Aus FTA
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beer, 2014 and the future