CARIBBEAN: Bacardi teams with Monarq Group in Caribbean
Monarq Group assumed responsibility for the Bacardi brands at the beginning of this month
Latin America distributor Monarq Group has begun handling several of Bacardi's spirits brands in the Caribbean.
The company confirmed to just-drinks earlier today (16 July) that it has started distribution and “marketing execution” duties for the Baron Otard Cognac, B&B and Benedictine, Cazadores and Corzo Tequilas, Eristoff vodka, Noilly Prat vermouth and Oxley gin brands across “the majority” of the Caribbean Islands. Monarq will also serve the Travel Retail channel in the region for the brands.
“Monarq has been selected as Bacardi’s partner because of its brand building expertise with such a specific premium portfolio focusing on the region’s on-trade, selected off-trade and Duty Free retail,” said MD Robert de Monchy. “We have the structure, partners, dedication and perseverance to make things happen in this part of the world.”
The tie-up took effect on 1 July. Previously, Bacardi had handled the brands in-house in the region.
Earlier this year, Irish whiskey distiller Teeling Whiskey Co selected Monarq for its portfolio in the Caribbean and US Travel Retail.
Global market review of the travel retail drinks sector
Changing demographics, growing economies, increased disposable income and the rise in international and business travel have all contributed to the burgeoning travel retail sector....read more
This week sees Pernod Ricard switch its CEO, with Alexandre Ricard replacing Pierre Pringuet in the hot seat. With Pringuet retiring, just-drinks met up with him one last time to look back at his near...
Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offering...
In spirits, the Holy Grail has long been for the brand to become the bar call. History shows, however, that achieving such a feat is not the end of the story and, as Richard Woodard suggests, brings i...
Bacardi Limited - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides a comprehensive insight into the company’s history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains a detailed SWOT...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
SPI Group, the Stolichnaya brand owner and parent of Stoli Group, has announced a change of CFO, and a new CEO for Stoli Group....
As a longstanding leader in alcoholic drinks in Austria, Bacardi-Martini Austria GmbH benefits from the great popularity of its strong international brands and keeps investing heavily in promotional a...
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- just The Preview - Brown-Forman Q3 & YTD
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research