US: Bacardi teams up with NBA for marketing push
Bacardi has teamed up with the NBA in the US
The US unit of Bacardi has teamed up with the National Basketball Association (NBA) in the country for a “multi-year” marketing tie-up.
Bacardi USA said late last week that the relationship will support the Bacardi Gold rum brand and will emphasise both companies' corporate responsibility.
Bacardi Gold will subsequently be featured in NBA national telecasts and on NBA.com, as well as through activities with the Women's National Basketball Association (WNBA) and NBA Development League (NBA D-League).
The brand will also execute basketball-themed events with co-branded giveaways nationwide.
The agreement includes the launch of the Gold Standard Scholarship Programme, which will award more than US$100,000 annually to minority students in selected NBA markets who are 21 years of age or older and are pursuing undergraduate or graduate degrees.
Financial details behind the alliance were not disclosed.
Bacardi already has tie-ups with six NBA teams - the Boston Celtics, Dallas Mavericks, Miami Heat, Minnesota Timberwolves, New Orleans Hornets, and Washington Wizards.
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends