BERMUDA/US: Bacardi switches CFO, Bacardi International CEO
Bacardi's outgoing CFO will stay on until the end of the year
Bacardi has confirmed the retirement of its CFO, Jacques Croisetière.
The company said earlier today (29 October) that Croisetière, 58, will step down at the end of the year. His “planned” retirement comes three years after he assumed the role, in July 2009.
Croisetièr will be replaced by Joseph Schena, who joins Bacardi from private equity firm Centerview Capital.
Schena, 54, will also assume Croisetièr's senior VP and Bacardi International president & CEO positions. Bacardi International is “the owner of the business attached to Bacardi’s principal brands”, a spokesperson for the company told just-drinks.
Schena joins the company on 3 December and will be based in the global headquarters in Bermuda, where he will report in to Bacardi's president & CEO, Ed Shirley. He has also worked for Gillette, Nabisco and Kraft General Foods.
“Under Jacques leadership, Bacardi Limited strengthened its corporate and financial governance practices, he was also a key influencer, setting up significant platforms and programs to move the company forward,” said Shirley.
“We thank Jacques for his dedication to the company and wish him all the best in his retirement.”
In this month's management briefing, Ben Cooper looks at the alcoholic drinks industry's attempts to reduce alcohol harm and promote responsible consumption. Part one of this four-part briefing consid...
In the second part of this analysis of the European Union's review of its strategy to combat alcohol harm across the region, EurActiv details the issues that have to be considered....
Drinks companies stand to benefit as the global travel retail market continues to expand, buoyed by millions of new passengers from developing economies, according to a new just-drinks/IWSR report....
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Focus - Indonesia: Prohibition in Paradise?
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo YTD sales come in flat
- Bacardi hands global advertising to single agency
- Heineken "concerned" as Indonesia enacts beer ban
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly