BERMUDA/US: Bacardi switches CFO, Bacardi International CEO
Bacardi's outgoing CFO will stay on until the end of the year
Bacardi has confirmed the retirement of its CFO, Jacques Croisetière.
The company said earlier today (29 October) that Croisetière, 58, will step down at the end of the year. His “planned” retirement comes three years after he assumed the role, in July 2009.
Croisetièr will be replaced by Joseph Schena, who joins Bacardi from private equity firm Centerview Capital.
Schena, 54, will also assume Croisetièr's senior VP and Bacardi International president & CEO positions. Bacardi International is “the owner of the business attached to Bacardi’s principal brands”, a spokesperson for the company told just-drinks.
Schena joins the company on 3 December and will be based in the global headquarters in Bermuda, where he will report in to Bacardi's president & CEO, Ed Shirley. He has also worked for Gillette, Nabisco and Kraft General Foods.
“Under Jacques leadership, Bacardi Limited strengthened its corporate and financial governance practices, he was also a key influencer, setting up significant platforms and programs to move the company forward,” said Shirley.
“We thank Jacques for his dedication to the company and wish him all the best in his retirement.”
In this month's management briefing, Ben Cooper looks at the alcoholic drinks industry's attempts to reduce alcohol harm and promote responsible consumption. Part one of this four-part briefing consid...
In the second part of this analysis of the European Union's review of its strategy to combat alcohol harm across the region, EurActiv details the issues that have to be considered....
Drinks companies stand to benefit as the global travel retail market continues to expand, buoyed by millions of new passengers from developing economies, according to a new just-drinks/IWSR report....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends