INDIA: Bacardi silent on Radico Khaitan interest
Bacardi has shown interest in acquiring a stake in Radico, as have several other parties, including entrepreneur Ramesh Vangal, according to a report in India's Economic Times newspaper this week.
A Bacardi spokesperson told just-drinks today (17 April) that the Bermuda-based drinks group does not comment on rumour or speculation.
Radico, which has around a 10% share of the Indian spirits market, currently has a joint venture in India with Diageo. However, Diageo has entered talks with United Spirits about a potential tie-up, which, if successful, would likely force it to break links with Radico.
Bacardi has also been cited as a potential investor in United Spirits, which controls more than 60% of the Indian spirits market and is part of billionaire Vijay Mallya's UB Group.
A spokesperson for Radico could not be reached this afternoon for comment on the stake sale rumours. Radico MD Abhishek Khaitan told the Economic Times this week that the group is not actively seeking a new strategic partner at present, but may do so in the future.
Yesterday (27 August), Diageo reported its full-year results. Although the company managed to hit its full-year guidance, the group's warning that this year will be tough suggests that Diageo has its ...
As Pernod Ricard names a new brand director for its gin brands, a recently published report from just-drinks/IWSR suggests it will not be an easy category from which to extract growth. Ben Cooper repo...
Bacardi has launched a global multi-media advertising campaign entitled "Spirit of Bacardi"....
Bacardi has announced that Lion Nathan will distribute its products in New Zealand from next month....
Patrón Spirits has switched distribution of its products in Mexico to Bacardi....
Lion Nathan yesterday (7 October) ceased to exist as a separate entity after Australia's Federal Court approved the takeover of the brewer by Japan's Kirin Holdings....
Bacardi has lined up the launch of a limited edition run of its namesake white rum brand....
The long-running discussions between the world's largest spirits maker, Diageo, and India's United Spirits over a possible stake purchase collapsed this week. Michelle Russell examines the fallout....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China