INDIA: Bacardi Martini to ramp up marketing
Bacardi Martini India is planning a new marketing drive across its brands, in order to capitalise on the country's growing thirst for premium spirits.
Group marketing head Gautam Gangoli told just-drinks yesterday (13 October): "All our brands present in the country are in the premium segment that is growing fast. We will be investing in marketing these brands further and we have a big budget for this right now."
He did not disclose the size of the budget.
Last year, Bacardi Martini India (BMI), which is 76% owned by the Bermuda-based drinks group, launched Eristoff Grey Goose and 42 Below. It is now considering introducing flavored varieties, and is targeting 25% growth for the brands this year.
The country's premium vodka segment is around 500,000 cases annually with a growth rate of 46% with the last five years, according to Gangoli.
He said that said BMI has not yet spent as much on marketing in India as it has in other countries, and the new campaign is expected to be big, flashy and long-term.
Bacardi Global Brands CEO Stella David said: "Our focus is to be the number one spirits brand, but it will take some time and more investment."
BMI's minority stakeholder is Gemini Distilleries.
Already a growth spirits category, the rum sector is unquestionably made all the more interesting for the presence of Havana Club. In this month's just the answer, Olly Wehring spoke with Marc Beuve-M...
To say that Ketil Eriksen had to hit the ground running when he became CEO of Absolut six months ago would be an understatement. Overseeing a massive reorganisation and dealing with the effects of the...
Philadelphia Distilling has appointed former Pernod-Ricard Americas CEO Alain Barbet as senior advisor to the company....
First Drinks Brands, the distribution business owned by whisky distiller William Grant & Sons, plans to spend GBP40m on marketing this year, following its deal to distribute Remy Cointreau brands in t...
Around 52% of adults believe that alcopops encourage underage drinking, according to a report out this week....
St Agnes has launched a new variant of its cola and brandy RTD beverage in Australia....
Diageo is to form a joint venture with Kirin Holdings in Japan....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research