US: Bacardi links up with PGA Tour for Grey Goose sponsorship deal
Grey Goose will have preferred brand status
Bacardi's Grey Goose vodka brand will be the official spirit of the PGA Tour after it signed a three-year deal with the North American professional golf organisation.
The agreement gives Grey Goose preferred brand status and positioning at all PGA Tour tournaments, Bacardi said yesterday (4 November). The deal also covers the Champions Tour and Web.com Tour.
Financial details behind the tie-up were not disclosed.
Grey Goose brand MD Shane Graber said: “The partnership with the PGA Tour will enable us to have a deeper level of engagement with both Grey Goose enthusiasts and golf fans alike.”
As part of the sponsorship, Grey Goose will be featured in all PGA Tour Grills, a new premium restaurant concept launching early next year in selected airports in the US, Bacardi said.
The vodka brand will also continue its 'Grey Goose 19th Hole Lounge', which will serve Grey Goose cocktails and host six-time PGA Tour champion Matt Kuchar, the official Grey Goose golf pro.
To read an exclusive just-drinks comment on Grey Goose's new global marketing campaign, click here.
How long is a satisfactory term for a CEO? Of course, there's two answers to this question: One if the company is publicly-listed, the other if it's a privately-held firm. Then, of course, there is th...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Bacardi’s position as the world’s 12th biggest wine company by volume is based almost entirely on its Martini vermouth and other sparkling wine brand variants. With these products focused in the matur...
Mast-Jägermeister is to take its UK distribution JV in-house....
For a category that sells around 146.4m cases annually, it may seem unusual to characterise Rum as a relatively unexploited opportunity. Indeed it is already a diverse and eclectic category with a wid...
Alcoholic beverages are drinks that contain ethanol and are generally categorized into three types: beer, spirits (distilled beverages), and wine. Beer is an alcoholic beverage manufactured by the hyd...
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets