UK: Bacardi grabs UK rights to Finlandia
Bacardi-Martini has clinched the distribution rights to Finlandia vodka in the UK from the beginning of next year, a contract currently held by Maxxium.
The announcement is not a surprise given the close relationship between Finlandia's part owner Brown-Forman and Bacardi. Brown-Forman will continue to market the brand in the UK under the new agreement.
Andrew Wilby, vice president for core markets at Brown-Forman said: "Bacardi-Martini's excellent distribution system and marketing expertise will be a great asset to the brand as Finlandia continues to develop in the market place."
John Beard, sales director for Bacardi-Martini in the UK said: "We are thrilled to have secured this prestigious agreement. It is of huge significance to us, at last giving Bacardi-Martini a full presence across all main spirits categories and underlining our vision of becoming one of the world's top three spirits companies."
Brown-Forman holds a 45% stake in Finlandia's parent company Finlandia Vodka Worldwide Ltd. (FVW). Original owner the Altia Group holds the remaining 55% stake.
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
As the US distillers' association, Discus, for the first time in its history publishes its annual report into spirits advertising, which includes complaints against its self-regulatory code, David Rob...
Bacardi has unveiled the identity of its new CEO and president....
The chairman and chief executive of Bacardi International Ltd. is to retire, according to press reports....
Bacardi Limited and The Glenmorangie Company have said their UK and European distribution agreements will come to an end on 30th June 2005. Moet Hennessy, which acquired The Glenmorangie Company at th...
Brown-Forman Beverages has replaced Bacardi as its spirits distributor in Canada....
Samuel Adams Brewery has secured a production deal with Brown-Forman....
Bacardi USA., Inc. has appointed Sex and the City actress Kim Cattrall as the celebrity spokeswoman for its new FAB, Island Breeze....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages