GLOBAL: Bacardi gives rum brand new global push
Click through to view an image from the campaign
Bacardi has unveiled its latest global advertising campaign for its namesake white rum brand.
“Untameable”, which includes the TV ad “Procession”, will launch in the US and Mexico on Wednesday (20 November), Bacardi announced today. It will roll out in India and Australia next month before hitting all other markets in spring next year.
The campaign uses snapshots of the history of the Bacardi family, which started the company in 1862, such as natural disasters, the Cuban revolution and exile to the US. It is designed to engage millennial consumers, Bacardi said.
“Taking a global creative approach with the campaign allows us to focus all of our marketing resources against a single powerful idea; an idea that's completely ownable to Bacardi (rum) as it is rooted in the brand's history,” said Dmitry Ivanov, Bacardi's senior global rums category director.
As well as the TV ads, the campaign will feature outdoor billboard, print and digital executions, Bacardi said.
A company spokesperson told just-drinks today the ads will be available online in other regions as they launch on TV.
To read an exclusive just-drinks interview with Bacardi's CEO, Ed Shirley, click here.
Bar Convent Berlin wrapped up on Wednesday, with record numbers of visitors and exhibitors to the on-trade show. just-drinks sat down with co-founder Helmut Adam to find out what changes the show's ne...
This month, Richard Woodard drills down into the perceived threat of craft spirits and finds more than just a load of small-scale brand names to worry about....
Four months into its new marketing structure and Bacardi hits the world with a new global campaign for its namesake brand. ...
The use of social media for marketing purposes by drinks industry companies can be segmented into four distinct campaign types, according to a new market research report from just-drinks....
Bacardi has launched a new global advertising campaign for its namesake rum, in an attempt to return the brand to its party roots....
Bacardi has aligned its Corzo Tequila brand with fashion in New York. ...
Compass Box is set to launch a blended Scotch based on a painting by Belgian artist René Magritte....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research