Product Launch - UK: Aspall's Cyderkyn
Click through to view an image of the product
Category - Cider, ciderkin, draught, 3.8% abv
Available - Launched "mid-July"
Location - UK on-trade only, in London and East Anglia; Selected Fuller's pubs and "soon to be listed by other premium on-trade outlets"
Price - To be decided by individual outlets
Distribution - Aspall
Suffolk cider producer Aspall has launched what it claims is "the first ciderkin of the modern era".
The weakened, uncarbonated 3.8% abv draught cider, Aspall Cyderkyn, is being made available to UK pub group Fuller's freetrade and managed estate this month, and other "premium on-trade outlets" soon, a company spokesperson told just-drinks.
"There is a growing consumer interest in traditional cider, and Cyderkyn identifies this trend while also offering a lower abv, which tends not to be available in this sector of the market," said Henry Chevallier-Guild, a partner at Aspall.
Aspall first produced ciderkin in 1728, until around 50 years ago, the company said.
Earlier this year, it re-launched its Suffolk Blonde lager brand as 'Outlier'.
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- The Beer Engine that is Africa
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review