INDIA: Aspall launches ciders in India
Aspall Imperial is among the variants being launched in India
English cider producer Aspall is launching three versions of its brand in India.
Aspall's Premier Cru, Perronelle’s Blush and Aspall Imperial is being made available in gourmet grocery store Godrej Nature’s Basket's 11 Mumbai stores, the Suffolk-based group said today (6 August). The ciders will also be sold in “a number” of Mumbai's on-trade outlets.
“Our cyder has been available in other emerging markets such as Russia, Japan, Brazil and China for several years now, and this seemed the right time to return to the Indian market, having been watching it closely for three years,” said Aspall partner Henry Chevallier-Guild.
Aspall claims its ciders were previously consumed in India at the turn of the 20th Century in army officers' messes across the country.
The company was founded in 1728 by Clement Chevallier and is now run by the eighth generation of the Chevallier family.
Earlier this year, the company confirmed that it was cutting the abv of its Perronelle’s Blush due to the UK Government's policy on alcohol tax.
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research