News

ARGENTINA: Argentine brewer Quilmes to buy back 5 mln shrs

Most popular

The beer category in 2018 - Review

'Healthy alcohol - the trend to watch in 2019?

The beer category in 2019 - just-drinks predicts

Is craft spirits approaching a reset moment?

MORE

Argentine-based brewer Quilmes Industrial SA (NYSE:LQU) said on Wednesday that its board has approved the repurchase of up to five million of its non-voting preferred shares.The amount of stock to be repurchased is equivalent to about 4.6 percent of Quinsa's capital stock, the company said in a news release in which it explained that it considered its shares to be at "an attractive price".The Quinsa preferred shares are listed on the Luxembourg Stock Exchange and on the New York Stock Exchange in the form of American Depositary Shares. Ordinary shares are listed in Luxembourg.They were down $0.30 in Luxembourg at $7.75 at 1430 GMT.Quinsa, a Luxembourg-based holding company, controls 85 percent of Quilmes International Ltd. The remaining 15 percent is owned by Heineken NV , Europe's leading brewer.Quilmes' beer brands are market leaders in Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay and Bolivia and it is the second-largest brewer in Chile. Quilmes also sells soft drinks and water in Argentina through a controlling interest in the largest PepsiCo Inc. (NYSE:PEP) bottler in the South American country.


Related Content

FREE TO READ - The biggest interviews of the year - just-drinks' review of 2017

FREE TO READ - The biggest interviews of the year - just-drinks' review of 2017...

C&C Group the one to watch in 2018, too many analysts and not enough research and finding a favourite between beer and spirits - The just-drinks Analyst

C&C Group the one to watch in 2018, too many analysts and not enough research and finding a favourit...

Will Muhtar Kent's Coca-Cola CEO exit open door to M&A intrigue? - analysis

Will Muhtar Kent's Coca-Cola CEO exit open door to M&A intrigue? - analysis...

How to grow organically, results season approaches and how my stock is faring - The just-drinks analyst

How to grow organically, results season approaches and how my stock is faring - The just-drinks anal...

Oops! This article is copy protected.

Why can’t I copy the text on this page?

The ability to copy articles is specially reserved for people who are part of a group membership.

How do I become a group member?

To find out how you and your team can copy and share articles and save money as part of a group membership call Sean Clinton on
+44 (0)1527 573 736 or complete this form..



Forgot your password?