Product Launch - TRAVEL RETAIL: APU's Chinggis Khan & Soyombo Mongolian vodka
Click through to view APU's Chinggis Khan & Soyombo Mongolian vodka
APU's Chinggis Khan & Soyombo Mongolian vodka
Category - Spirits, vodka, 40% abv
Available - From the middle of next year
Location - Global travel retail, US, UK and Russia
Price - Chinggis Khan about 25% higher than Grey Goose vodka, Soyombo about 25% above Absolut in each market
Former government-owned Mongolian alcohol maker APU will next year enter the international travel retail sector for the first time with two new vodka lines.
Chinggis Khan vodka will retail in the ultra premium sector while Soyombo is positioned in the super-premium, APU export MD Jett Yang told just-drinks yesterday (25 October) the TFWA exhibition in Cannes.
Yang said that while “the world doesn't need another Russian vodka”, Chinggis Khan would pioneer a sub-genre for Mongolian vodka, which has a long heritage in the country. “People don't drink the liquid, people drink the story,” he added.
Chinggis Khan is made with wheat from Selenge on the Mongolian Steppes and water from the Bogd Khan Mountains, Yang said. It is distilled six times and filtered for 500 hours.
This weekend marked the fifth anniversary of Pernod Ricard's acquisition of Vin & Sprit and the Absolut vodka brand. A lot has changed since those heady days of 2008, so how does the race for - and pu...
- Rekorderlig Deal Sees Molson Coors Miss Out
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Constellation Brands basks in beer glory
- Diageo ditches Shui Jing Fang plans in China
- MillerCoors changes CMOs with immediate effect
- C&C Group chairman backs CEO amid turmoil
- William Grant partners Rugby World Cup
- Molson Coors acquires Rekorderlig UK rights