Product Launch - US: Anheuser-Busch InBev's Shock Top Twisted Pretzel Wheat
A-B InBev's Shock Top Twisted Pretzel Wheat
Anheuser-Busch InBev's Shock Top Twisted Pretzel Wheat
Category - Beer, ale, wheat, 5.2% abv
Available - From this month
Location - US, “selected” retail locations, on draught at 150 beer festivals nation-wide
Distribution - Anheuser-Busch
The US arm of Anheuser-Busch InBev has launched a "limited edition" extension to its Shock Top portfolio.
Shock Top Twisted Pretzel Wheat is a 5.2% abv Belgian-style unfiltered wheat ale with the taste and aroma of pretzels, according to the company. The beer has been launched to coincide with the US' National Pretzel Day and will be available for a "limited" time.
The new product follows the launch of Shock Top's Honey Bourbon Cask Wheat last month.
Shock top celebrates national pretzel day
with HOLIDAY-INSPIRED BEER
Brewer Announces Limited-edition Twisted Pretzel Wheat
ST. LOUIS (April 24, 2014) – Just in time for National Pretzel Day on April 26, Shock Top has united the classic taste of a crisp, cold beer and warm, bakery-fresh pretzels in its newest brew, Shock Top Twisted Pretzel Wheat. The brewer today announced the limited-edition beer, a Belgian-style unfiltered wheat ale that delivers the delicious taste and aroma of fresh pretzels, will be served up at beer festivals nationwide—and available on draught at select locations.
“As a brewmaster, having the freedom to experiment with quality ingredients means that I can create beers that are as unique as the fans that enjoy them,” said Jill Vaughn, Shock Top brewmaster. “Pretzels are everyone’s favorite beer snack, so we thought Shock Top Twisted Pretzel Wheat would be a fun and approachable twist on unfiltered wheat beer for festival goers to enjoy … and just in time for National Pretzel Day.”
Brewed with wheat, caramel malt, orange peels and a rich pretzel flavor, Shock Top Twisted Pretzel Wheat has a dark caramel color and 5.2 percent ABV. It will be available on draught at more than 150 beer festivals nationwide, Shock Top special events and select retail locations for a limited time. At select events, beer drinkers can even enjoy Shock Top Twisted Pretzel Wheat in limited-edition pretzel cups.
While Shock Top Twisted Pretzel Wheat is only available for a limited time, beer drinkers can enjoy Shock Top Belgian White, Shock Top Honey Bourbon Cask Wheat, Shock Top Honeycrisp Apple Wheat and Shock Top Raspberry Wheat throughout the year. Shock Top’s seasonal Lemon Shandy is also now available.
Original source: Company Release
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- The Beer Engine that is Africa
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review