Product Launch - US: Anheuser-Busch InBev's Johnny Appleseed Hard Apple Cider
Click through to view an image of the product
Anheuser-Busch InBev's Johnny Appleseed Hard Apple Cider
Category - Cider, 5.5% abv
Available - From 7 April, in 12-ounce glass bottles with a twist-off cap in six-packs and 12-packs, and sold individually in 16oz and 25oz cans.
Location - US, off- and on-trade; draught distribution starting this summer
Price - Will vary by state and retailer
Anheuser-Busch InBev has confirmed details of a major new cider launch into the fast-expanding segment in the US.
Johnny Appleseed Hard Apple Cider, with an abv of 5.5%, will launch into US stores on 7 April. A draught launch will follow in the summer, the company said today (20 March). Just-drinks first revealed details of the launch last November.
Adam Oakley, VP of 'high-end' at Anheuser-Busch, said the new drink is a "balance of sweetness and intensity with a refreshing crisp apple bite". He claimed Johnny Appleseed is "unlike any other hard cider on the market today."
A-B InBev said it tested the brand with around 750 consumers aged between 21 and 34 from the US, Canada and the UK to help with its taste profile and packaging.
Earlier today, Heineken revealed it is releasing two new variants of its Stongbow cider brand in the US.
Meanwhile, MillerCoors has also launched a major new cider in the US this month - Smith & Forge.
This week, just-drinks welcomes Fiona Curtin, the senior innovation manager at Heineken's division in Ireland and a just-drinks subscriber....
Anheuser-Busch InBev's CEO has said he is confident the US beer market will continue to improve this year....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- US craft spirits could be as big as craft beer
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends