VIETNAM: Anheuser-Busch InBev plans brewery build
A-B InBev is planning a brewery in Vietnam, it has been reported
Anheuser-Busch InBev is planning to build a brewery in Vietnam to capitalise on the country's fast-expanding beer market.
The brewer confirmed to just-drinks today (26 April) that it has acquired a licence to build a brewery in Vietnam and expects the facility to be fully operational by the end of next year at the latest.
"The decision to build a brewery in Vietnam underscores A-B InBev’s belief in the long term growth potential of the Vietnamese market," a spokesperson told just-drinks.
A-B InBev CEO Carlos Brito was reported as telling media after the company's annual shareholder meeting earlier this week: "We think our global brands have a big appeal, especially Budweiser ... so we think it's a natural place to go after our position in China."
SABMiller and Heineken already have their own breweries in Vietnam. The country is the second-largest market by volume for Heineken's flagship lager brand. Meanwhile, rumours emerged last year that SABMiller and Heineken were separately considering taking a stake in the state-owned Saigon Beer Alcohol Beverage Corporation (Sabeco).
Last year, Carlsberg was given the go-ahead to raise its stake in the government-controlled Hanoi Alcohol Beer and Beverage Corporation (Habeco) to 30%.
Heineken, the world’s third largest brewer and leading cider producer, continued its aggressive acquisitive expansion in 2012 with the purchase of Asia Pacific Breweries. This profile considers the ex...
Anheuser-Busch InBev (A-B InBev) is facing challenges in the mature US beer category by focusing on premium and craft beer. As the US Justice Department precluded A-B InBev from controlling the lucrat...
InBev Italia’s strategy for the forecast period will be to continue its occasion-based marketing, and to promote its products. The company will concentrate its efforts on meeting consumers’ expectatio...
Inbev will continue to focus on premiumisation, adding value and Increasing its channel coverage over the forecast period. The company will continue to invest heavily in marketing support and new prod...
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- A-B InBev "regrets" Bud Light bottle message
- Diageo teams Johnnie Walker up with Entourage
- Beam Suntory to strip down regional units
- MEPs call for calorie, ingredient facts on alcohol
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research