GLOBAL: Anheuser-Busch InBev adds pressure to FIFA over Qatar allegations
A-B InBev is a leading sponsor of the World Cup
Anheuser-Busch InBev has added itself to the list of FIFA World Cup sponsors concerned about allegations of corruption during the selection process for the 2022 tournament in Qatar.
The Budweiser brewer yesterday (9 June) released a statement stating that it is “concerned about the situation” and is monitoring developments. The firm also said it “expects FIFA to take all necessary steps to address the issue”.
A-B InBev, whose Budweiser brand is the only alcohol sponsor of the World Cup, joins The Coca-Cola Co, Adidas, Visa, Sony and BP in pressing FIFA to tackle the corruption allegations. The sponsors spoke out following revelations in a UK newspaper regarding a former FIFA member and his alleged links to the successful Qatar 2022 bid.
Coca-Cola said in a statement on Sunday: “Anything that detracts from the mission and ideals of the FIFA World Cup is a concern to us, but we are confident that FIFA is taking these allegations very seriously and is investigating them thoroughly.”
The World Cup kicks off in Sao Paulo, Brazil, on Thursday. Both A-B InBev and Coca-Cola have launched extensive marketing campaigns ahead of the tournament.
Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and servi...
The cider/perry market has witnessed phenomenal developments in the last ten years, making it the World's fastest-growing alcoholic drinks category, in volume terms....
Anheuser-Busch InBev Germany’s strategic direction is mainly in line with the international parent company and the company does not have a lot of room for self-governance. Partial autonomy is granted,...
There was general agreement among analysts that Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q1 results yesterday were better than expected....
Anheuser-Busch InBev’s deep geographical presence and extensive brand portfolio should make the company less susceptible to competitive challenges on a global platform. However, a more in-depth assess...
Coca-Cola face a challenging situation in which economic recovery is fragile in developed markets, while China and Brazil are seeing a slowdown in sales. Consumers’ desire for diverse and healthy beve...
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- Diageo upbeat on Scotch prospects
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Edrington appoints new board director
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Britvic appoints SABMiller's Dunn as CFO
- Q2 drags on half-year for Anheuser-Busch InBev
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research