US: Angel's Envy Bourbon producer plans US$12m distillery
Louisville Distilling Company, producer of Angel's Envy Bourbon and rye whiskies, has announced plans to build a new US$12m distillery and visitor centre.
The site, in downtown Louisville, Kentucky, is due to be operational by 2014, the company said this week. The new development will create 40 new jobs.
Wes Henderson, COO of Angel’s Share Brands, the parent company of LDC said: “We are constructing a fully functioning distillery, from milling of grains to blending and bottling on site. The Angel’s Envy distillery will be a must-see experience on the Urban Bourbon Trail.”
Louisville Mayor, Greg Fischers, added: “It is exciting that we will have an iconic Bourbon brand as part of the history and culture that makes up this vital corridor of Louisville’s downtown."
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts