DENMARK: Analysts downgrade Carlsberg
ABN AMRO has downgraded Danish brewing conglomerate, Carlsberg, from "add" to "hold" and its 2002 and 2003 earnings per share (EPS) forecasts by 10% and 11% respectively.
The broker said its action stemmed from Carlsberg's lower-than-expected guidance for 2002 and the Asian slowdown. "The main reason for our cut in estimates to adjust for the lower guidance is a lower forecast for Asia and a more conservative view of the Western European business, mainly driven by a continued difficult situation in Sweden," the research note said.
Meanwhile, following the publication of Carlsberg's 2001 financial results late last week, the investment bank, Credit Suisse First Boston (CSFB) has downgraded its estimates for Carlsberg's 2002 earnings before interest and tax (EBIT) to DKK3.7 billion (US$434.8m) from the previously forecast DKK4.5 billion. CSFB maintained its "hold" recommendation on Carlsberg shares.
Carlsberg has finally hooked up with a state-owned Vietnamese brewer....
Carlsberg has entered into negotiations with the IBM Group regarding a possible outsourcing of the Danish brewer's IT services in Europe....
Carlsberg's rating has been lowered following its disappointing Q1 figures earlier this week....
Carlsberg said today that global beer volume showed a 20% increase in the first quarter of the year driven by strong organic growth in BBH as well as a considerable contribution from acquisitions, inc...
Carlsberg has appointed a managing director for its Chinese operations....
Carlsberg has increased its ownership in Carlsberg Brewery Malaysia Berhad from 49.66% to 51%. The investment amounts to approximately US$6m....
Dutch brewer Heineken is rumored to have released a self-chilling beer can....
The Bosnian government has put a majority stake in the country's brewery Banjalucka Pivara up for sale. Previous efforts to privatise the brewer have failed....
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- New CEO sparks optimism at Coca-Cola - Analysis
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Edrington's Highland Park Valkyrie - NPD
- Coca-Cola to cut 1,200 jobs
- Coca-Cola looks to fast-growing functional drinks
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report