DENMARK: Analysts downgrade Carlsberg
ABN AMRO has downgraded Danish brewing conglomerate, Carlsberg, from "add" to "hold" and its 2002 and 2003 earnings per share (EPS) forecasts by 10% and 11% respectively. The broker said its action stemmed from Carlsberg's lower-than-expected guidance for 2002 and the Asian slowdown. "The main reason for our cut in estimates to adjust for the lower guidance is a lower forecast for Asia and a more conservative view of the Western European business, mainly driven by a continued difficult situation in Sweden," the research note said.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Diageo lines up 2017 Johnnie Walker expressions
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends