TURKEY: Anadolu Efes rebrands beer portfolio
The new Efes packaging, designed to give the brand a contemporary look
Anadolu Efes has given a new “contemporary” look to its beer portfolio.
The updated branding, created by the agency Interbrand, features a new Efes emblem designed to convey the Efes beer's “heritage and quality”. The new design is included on the company’s entire beer range - Efes Pilsen, Efes Light, Efes Dark, Efes Extra - on shelves in Turkey now, and also point-of-sale materials.
Efes Pilsen is Turkey’s biggest selling beer brand, according to the company, and is sold in 80 countries globally, where it is known as Efes Pilsener. The new branding will also feature on exports from the new year.
“The new brand experience captures our spirit of union and it will continue to be part of many more stories to come," said Görkem Özer, MD of Efes Turkey. "We are now well positioned for ongoing success in Turkey and beyond.”
Michael Benson, Interbrand's regional director, said: "The new, more dynamic brand identity also reinforces the brewing heritage of Efes and will strengthen trust and therefore loyalty among its millions of consumers.”
Last week, Anadolu Efes reported a drop in nine-month profits, as the firm struggled in its domestic market and Russia.
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends