BRAZIL: AmBev signs agreement to acquire Nortena; second acquisition in South America this year confirms international expansion plans
Companhia de Bebidas das Americas - AMBEV (NYSE: ABV, ABVc; BOVESPA: AMBV4, AMBV3), the world's fourth largest brewer and fifth largest beverage company, with operations in Brazil, Argentina, Venezuela and Uruguay, today announced that it signed a letter of intent to purchase a 95.3% stake of Uruguay's Cerveceria y Malteria Paysandu SA (Cympay) on November 24, 2000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts