BRAZIL: AmBev signs agreement to acquire Nortena; second acquisition in South America this year confirms international expansion plans
Companhia de Bebidas das Americas - AMBEV (NYSE: ABV, ABVc; BOVESPA: AMBV4, AMBV3), the world's fourth largest brewer and fifth largest beverage company, with operations in Brazil, Argentina, Venezuela and Uruguay, today announced that it signed a letter of intent to purchase a 95.3% stake of Uruguay's Cerveceria y Malteria Paysandu SA (Cympay) on November 24, 2000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- SABMiller's Q1 Sales Performance by Region
- Are Big Spirits Companies Failing to Innovate?
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- just the Winners - IWSC Spirits Trophy Winners
- Suntory sells Louis Royer Cognac for US$110m
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research