BRAZIL: AmBev reports strong Q1
AmBev enjoyed strong beer sales in Brazil in Q1
Strong beer sales in Brazil and northern Latin America drove a solid first quarter for AmBev, the division of Anheuser-Busch InBev.
AmBev today (5 May) reported net sales of BRL6.1bn (US$3.46bn) for the three months to the end of March, up 16.5% on a like-for-like basis against the same period of 2009. Without currency gains, sales rose by 8%.
Strong demand for beer in Brazil, as well as gains across Northern Latin America and Canada drove the brewer to an 11.6% rise in volume sales for the quarter. Soft drinks volumes rose by 2.6% on a like-for-like basis.
AmBev's results helped parent group Anheuser-Busch InBev to offset tough times for its beer divisions in Western Europe and the US during the three months.
AmBev net profits rose by 4% for the period, to BRL1.65bn versus BRL1.58bn a year earlier. However, group EBITDA fell by 1% to BRL2.8bn, due to higher costs and increased marketing spend in preparation for promoions around the FIFA World Cup.
To read the official release, click here.
How Innovative Packaging is Transforming the Global Drinks Industry...
We fully intend to keep an eye on how things develop here in the UK with Grupo Modelo's Corona Extra bottled beer brand....
Here's a run-down of some of the top reports currently available in the just-drinks research store:...
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends