BRAZIL: AmBev Q1 suffers from weakness in Brazil
Gross profit was up to US$3.2m for the period to 31 March, compared with $3.1m for the same period last year.
Net income was up 15.2% to $743.8m from $645.9m year-on-year.
"Brazilian Beer and CSD operations faced volume decline in the quarter due to a slow down in the beverage industry driven by unexpected and unusually cold and wet weather, an early carnival and a sharp increase in core food prices impacting consumer spend," the company said in a statement.
Net sales saw a 4.1% jump from $4.6m from 2007 to $4.8m for the first quarter period of 2008.
The company said it has continued to focus on revenue management best practices and the development of the premium segment in all of its major markets.
AmBev, InBev’s Latin American operation, had a tough first quarter, hit by higher costs and poor weather in Brazil. Earlier this month, Olly Wehring met with Luiz Fernando Edmond, zone president for L...
Companhia de Bebidas das Americas (AmBev) has posted a healthy lift in sales and profits for the third quarter of this year....
InBev has appointed its new leader for Anheuser-Busch and a North American president for the newly combined Anheuser-Busch InBev group....
Beer group Quinsa increased revenue by nearly a third in the first half of 2008, it has announced....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts