BRAZIL: AmBev closes tender offer for Quinsa shares
The South American unit of global brewer InBev said today (12 February) that the voluntary offer to buy up to 5.5m class A and 8.8m class B shares in the subsidiary has expired.
AmBev said it has bought 3.1m class A and 8.2m class B shares in Quinsa through the offer, representing 57% and 94% respectively of the shares it did not already own in the South American unit.
"As a result, upon settlement of the offer, which will occur on 15 February, AmBev's voting interest in Quinsa will be 99.56% and its economic interest will be 99.26%," AmBev said.
Late last month, AmBev upped the offer price for the remaining shares to US$4.125 and $41.25 per class A and B shares. The move came after a failed tender offer in 2008, which garnered only a 0.63% lift in voting rights in Quinsa.
In the end, the fall of Anheuser-Busch to a sweetened bid from InBev has been far swifter than most commentators expected. And, after close to 150 years of proud independence, the King of Beers will h...
Given the consolidation trend in the global beer market it was not likely to be that long before another mega-deal came along. InBev's move for US giant Anheuser-Busch was not unexpected though the co...
InBev is set to launch Stella Artois in pint-sized cans in the UK....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Soaring input costs have forced Stella Artois brewer InBev to announce beer price increases in the UK....
Shares in SABMiller fell this morning (31 July) after the brewer said organic lager volumes dipped 1.6% in its first quarter....
Grupo Modelo is likely to form a partnership with new Anheuser-Busch owner InBev, despite the Mexican brewer's insistence that it has several options available, analysts believe....
Coca-Cola Enterprises has appointed new presidents for its Europe and North America businesses....
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Diageo silent on United Spirits job losses
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends