USA: AmBev Announces a Share Buyback Program and Payment Of Interest on Shareholders' Equity
The program will be provided for by Brahma's unappropriated retained earnings account of the consolidated balance sheet as of December 31, 1999, up to the amount of R$ 400 million. Brahma's Board of Directors also approved following brokers in Brazil to implement the program: Deutsche Bank, Santander Brasil, Bradesco S.A. CTVM, Itau Corretora de Valores S.A.
Additionally, in a meeting of AmBev's Board of Directors on December 13, 2000, the distribution of interest on shareholders' equity in the amount of R$ 4.40 per thousand common shares and R$ 4.84 per thousand preferred shares was approved for shareholders of record on December 22, 2000. The shares will trade ex-rights as of December 23, 2000. Brazilian income tax of 15% will be withheld from this payment, resulting in a net distribution of R$ 3.740 per thousand common shares and R$ 4.114 per thousand preferred shares. Payment is scheduled to begin on February 20, 2001.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Functional soft drinks are relatively undeveloped in Latin America in comparison with Europe but there is significant growth potential. Hope Lee of industry analysts, Euromonitor International, examin...
The investment bank, Merrill Lynch, has warned that a takeover of the Brazilian brewer Kaiser by a large international group could lead to some profit-taking in the shares of the market leader AmBev, ...
InBev UK is launching its first advertising campaign for Brazilian premium lager Brahma in September as part of a GBP5m support package behind the brand this year....
Companhia de Bebidas das Americas (AmBev) has reported a 92% year-on-year leap in EBITDA for the second quarter of this year....
AmBev's Peruvian unit has launched a new bottle in the country....
Companhia de Bebidas das Americas or AmBev has been boosted by a strong recovery of its Brazilian beer unit and reported a 11% jump in second quarter beer volumes....
AmBev shareholders in Brazil are to vote on merging with InBev Holding Brasil....
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Diageo's smart Seedlip sustainability move
- Pernod Ricard Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Why Vietnam is the next beer battleground
- Brown-Forman Q1 2017 results - Preview
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- CEO Paul Schaafsma set to leave Accolade Wines
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- US on-premise at "new normal" - research
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review