USA: AmBev Announces a Share Buyback Program and Payment Of Interest on Shareholders' Equity
Companhia de Bebidas das Americas -- AmBev (''AmBev'') announced today that the Board of Directors of Companhia Cervejaria Brahma (''Brahma''), its wholly owned subsidiary, has approved a buyback program of the common and preferred share AmBev. The program calls for the acquisition of up to 396,368,782 common shares and 2,107,031,690 preferred shares issued by AmBev, representing 10% and 9.8% of the respective float in each class (i.e. 3,963,687,815 common shares and 21,607,581,900 preferred shares). As per Brazilian law, the buyback program is valid for 90 days. Should the number of shares actually acquired be below the established limit over the next 90 days, management intends to renew the buyback program in successive 90-day periods.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- Focus - The Risks of Acquisitions
- Will South Africa Raise Drinking Age to 21?
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Roust takes on Bushmills distribution in Russia
- Brown-Forman completes Kentucky acquisition
- Campari opens office in Canada
- Diageo silent on United Spirits inspection
- Coca-Cola, A-B InBev express FIFA concerns
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review