BRAZIL: AmBev and Danone Group Buy Controlling Stake of Salus - Uruguay
Companhia de Bebidas das Americas -- AmBev -- and Danone Group agreed to buy 57.34% of Compania Salus. The acquisition was made through a joint company of which Danone Group holds 73.75% and AmBev the remaining 26.25%. The change of control will take place in October this year.The acquisition is part of AmBev's strategy in expanding internationally and the interest in Salus was due to its strong presence in the beer and mineral water. Salus is the second largest brewer in Uruguay and the leader in mineral water. Salus has approximately 24% of the beer market in Uruguay and produces a flagship brand "Patricia." It is also a leader in the mineral water with an approximately 42% market share.Salus owns two plants, one water plant and one beer and soft drink plant. Salus has 430 employees and 36 exclusive third party distributors. Salus net sales were US$ 30 million in 1999 and sold 190 thousand hectoliters of beer and 850 thousand hectoliters of mineral water in 1999.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends