BRAZIL: AmBev and Danone Group Buy Controlling Stake of Salus - Uruguay
Companhia de Bebidas das Americas -- AmBev -- and Danone Group agreed to buy 57.34% of Compania Salus. The acquisition was made through a joint company of which Danone Group holds 73.75% and AmBev the remaining 26.25%. The change of control will take place in October this year.The acquisition is part of AmBev's strategy in expanding internationally and the interest in Salus was due to its strong presence in the beer and mineral water. Salus is the second largest brewer in Uruguay and the leader in mineral water. Salus has approximately 24% of the beer market in Uruguay and produces a flagship brand "Patricia." It is also a leader in the mineral water with an approximately 42% market share.Salus owns two plants, one water plant and one beer and soft drink plant. Salus has 430 employees and 36 exclusive third party distributors. Salus net sales were US$ 30 million in 1999 and sold 190 thousand hectoliters of beer and 850 thousand hectoliters of mineral water in 1999.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Interview- Veltins export manager Udo Bruns
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages