PARIS: Pernod Ricard: All Activity Sectors in Rapid Expansion
Groupe Pernod Ricard 's three sectors enjoyed very satisfactory growth during the first quarter, in terms of volume and turnover. Wines and spirits, the Group's core businesses, saw the value of sales increase by 15.5% (of which organic growth: 9.4%). The fruit processing and distribution sector grew respectively by 35.3% (of which organic growth: 4.6%) and by 34.5% (of which organic growth: 7.2%). The Groupe's sales ( Euros 917.8 million, excluding duties and taxes), rose by 27.4% (of which organic growth: 7.2%, acquisitions : 15.7% and currency adjustments : 5.1%). Where volumes are concerned, the Group's major brands enjoyed excellent performance. Ricard, the leading spirit brand in France, Belgium, Luxembourg and Switzerland, as well as the third largest brand world-wide, experienced a 6% increase despite the rise in price for aniseeds. Now no.1 in the French market, Clan Campbell scotch has improved its overall sales volumes by 22.5 %. Highly depressed by the disappearance of intra-European duty-free sales, Jameson volumes have nonetheless grown by 5.6% (+16.2 % excluding duty free). As a result of now being handled by the Groupe's network in the United States and in Japan, Wild Turkey has seen volumes grow by 30 %. And Havana Club continues its success story within its major markets (+11.8%). In the wine sector, which has increased by 4% overall, Jacob's Creek volumes have improved by 11.3 %, thereby spearheading the share held by new-world wines. The Groupe's juice and soft drink sector have also enjoyed a positive start to the year (+ 6%) and fruit preps have grown by nearly +3% in volume. "In our industry, the first quarter is not always significant. However, indications at the start of the second quarter confirm my optimism for the year 2000," stated Patrick Ricard, chairman and CEO of Pernod Ricard.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research