US: Agriculture Dept wants $50m of orange juice
The US Agriculture Department is looking to buy up to US$50m worth of canned and frozen orange juice. The department wants to donate the juice to child nutrition and other domestic food assistance programs, it announced yesterday.
The Agriculture Department has already bought $4.3m of orange juice in the current fiscal year starting 1 October 2003. Last year, the department said it bought $13.1m worth of juice.
The department has said that the purchase offer will only be open to companies processing 100% domestic orange juice.
Sectors: Soft drinks
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits