CANADA: Agave Underground Tequila agrees Glazer's deal
Tequila brand Agave Underground is expanding to Canada after signing a distribution deal with Glazer's.
The brand, which was launched in 2009, is already available in the US states of California, Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, Minnesota, Michigan, Colorado, Indiana, New Jersey, Tennessee and Georgia. Finanical details and the length of the Canada deal with Glazer's were not disclosed.
“Agave Underground Tequila is confident Glazer’s of Canada will help grow the interest of our brand to consumers,” said Fran Vivenzio, the brand's sales executive.
The Tequila comes in three expressions: Silver, Reposado and Anejo.
Rival Tequila brand Jose Cuervo switched its distributor in Canada earlier this year after a global agreement with Diageo eneded.
After 18 years in Latin America, Laurent Pillet moved to sub-Saharan Africa in 2011 to head up Pernod Ricard's operations in the region. At the French company's Capital Markets Day this week, just-dri...
Earlier today (2 June), brand valuation consultancy Intangible Business released the results of its latest survey of the world's wine and spirits brands. Here's a look at 'The Power 100', along with t...
Yesterday (29 May), Diageo announced its intention to spend US$115m on a new whiskey distillery in the US. Here, we look at the company's existing production footprint in the country....
UK victims affected by the anti-morning sickness drug Thalidomide have launched fresh legal action against Diageo, according to reports. ...
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends