Product Launch - UK: AG Barr's Barr Xtra Cola
Click through to view AG Barr's Barr Xtra Cola
AG Barr's Barr Xtra Cola
Category - Soft drinks, CSD, cola, low-calorie
Available - From next month
Location - UK, off-trade
Price - RRP of GBP0.39 (US$0.65) per 33cl can
Distribution - AG Barr
AG Barr has lined up the launch of a low-calorie cola extension of its namesake CSD brand in the UK. Barr Xtra Cola will roll out nation-wide next month and will target “the growing demand for low calorie cola drinks in the country, the firm said today (27 February).
The product will be available in 33cl cans, 55cl and 2-litre PET bottles and 75cl glass bottles. Its launch will be supported by a social media push during March and April.
Barr Cola is the 'Official Cola' of the Commonwealth Games this year, which will be held in Glasgow. Barr Xtra will also form part of the company's activity around the event.
In a trading update, released last month, AG Barr said that it expected its full-year group sales for 2013 to rise by around 6% on 2012.
A G Barr is enabling retailers to make the most of the fast-growing low calorie cola market with the launch of Barr Xtra Cola, a great-tasting new variant which will be launched in March.
“The UK cola market is worth an impressive £1.6 billion, with low calorie cola sales accounting for 51% of this and growing ahead of the market*1,” says Adrian Troy, Head of Marketing for A G Barr. “This fast-growing category represents a clear opportunity for retailers to maximise their profits.”
“Barr Diet Cola is the UK’s fastest growing low calorie cola*2 and the launch of a new variant from the brand will generate excitement and drive footfall to the soft drinks fixture” says Troy. “Barr Xtra Cola, delivers a full-on cola taste with no sugar and, in independent research, it out-performed the competition on overall taste*3.”
The launch will be supported by a heavyweight social media campaign throughout March and April to drive awareness and encourage trial of the product. Barr Cola is the Official Cola of the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games the new variant will also be part of AG Barr’s support activity for this exciting event.
“Barr Xtra Cola is set to drive incremental profits in the category – we recommend that retailers stock up to ensure they don’t miss out.”
Original source: Company Release
The Global Soft Drinks market comprises CSD, bottled water, juices and concentrates, RTD tea and coffee, and functional drinks. The consumption of soft drinks is driven by consumers across all ages ow...
AG Barr has acquired UK-based cocktail mixers and syrups firm Funkin in a deal worth GBP21m (US$31.5m). ...
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- With MegaBrew sorted, is MegaBev next? - Research
- Diageo gets 2016 off to a strong start - Analysis
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Bacardi ups ante in US Havana Club row
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- The US is "the first place I look" - Diageo CEO
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research