UK: AG Barr unveils limited edition Irn-Bru can
AG Barr has launched a limited edition "heritage" can for its Irn-Bru brand.
On sale this week across Scotland, the can will be available as a 330ml single can (RRP GBP0.39) and 330ml x 6 pack multipack (RRP GBP2), the Scotland-based soft drinks firm said today (26 August).
The launch is to support Scotland's Homecoming campaign, running throughout 2009.
Five million heritage cans will be produced and the launch will be backed by a GBP12m brand investment, which includes national TV advertising and sponsorships of the SFL and RFL Super Leagues, with coverage on Sky Sports.
There will also be a re-screening of the brands 'Steamroller' advert from 2 September for one week, the company said today (26 August).
"In the year of homecoming the Irn-Bru Heritage Can will provide and a major opportunity for Scottish stockists to generate incremental sales and boost their profits at this important time of the year," said AG Barr commercial director Jonathan Kemp.
"It will stimulate additional interest in the soft drinks fixture and in Irn-Bru in particular, backed by classic Irn-Bru TV advertising which will really stir the emotions."
Carbonates are coming out of the doldrums, claims Annette Farr. The category has been becalmed for some time. But now, with a party season on the horizon and some upbeat forecasts from analysts, the s...
It's been a good week on the UK soft drinks market as Irn-Bru maker AG Barr and Tango and Robinsons maker Britvic both reported trading ahead of expectations, writes Michelle Russell....
UK soft drinks group AG Barr has reported a 21% increase in third quarter sales, boosted by a strong performance in its core business....
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- Heineken 2012-2016 - results data
- Heineken FY 2016 by region - results data
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends