UK: AG Barr remains bullish on FY after solid summer, autumn sales
AG Barr saw a rise in late summer, autumn sales
AG Barr has reported a healthy rise in late summer and autumn sales and remains confident on delivering on its full-year expectations.
In an interim management statement today (5 December), the North Lanarkshire, Scotland-based group said that sales in the 18 weeks to 1 December climbed by 8%, while volumes rose by 6.4%. In the ten months to 1 December, sales climbed by 6.7%, while volumes were up 5.1%, ahead of the overall market.
“Our brands continue to perform well and in the period, our margins have been in line with our expectations,” the Irn Bru producer said.
In September, the company reported that its failed merger attempt with UK rival Britvic had dented first half profits.
Today the company warned: “The soft drinks market remains highly competitive as we enter the important Christmas trading period.”
But it added: "We are now executing our strong seasonal trading plans and remain confident of delivering our full-year performance expectations despite tough year-on-year trading comparatives."
Barr said its operations over the past few months have been supported by a “strong performance” at its new Milton Keynes site, while a second phase of investment in the facility is “under consideration”.
To read the company's full statement, click here
AG Barr has announced plans to close its carton production site in Tredegar, Wales, with some job losses expected....
The number of complaints about adverts for alcohol in the UK fell by 16% last year, but three soft drinks firms featured in the ten most-complained-about campaigns....
AG Barr has reported a single-digit rise in 15-week sales and announced that its chairman will step down at the end of 2014....
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Carlsberg's Shed Head and Bad Apple craft - NPD
- Asahi loses Q1 sales overseas
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?