UK: AG Barr readies UK production facility build
AG Barr has plants in Cumbernauld, Dunbar, Forfar and Tredegar
AG Barr has confirmed its plans to build a GBP40m (US$61.3m) bottling and distribution centre in the south of England.
A spokesperson for the Irn-Bru maker confirmed the plans to just-drinks today (16 January), but declined to comment further on timings or specific location. "We will update the market further in due course," the spokesperson added.
The facility is expected to have "canning capacity along with the potential for additional PET capacity", the spokesperson said.
In Scotland, AG Barr operates plants in Cumbernauld, Dunbar and Forfar, and owns a production site in Tredegar in Wales. However, the company now generates more than half of its sales in England and Wales following a push outside of Scotland in recent years.
In July, AG Barr said it was bringing forward "the need to plan future investments in production capacity to meet specific format demand forecasts and our general growth ambitions".
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report