UK: AG Barr readies ‘Original’ CSD range
AG Barr has unveiled a new range of CSDs for the UK market.
The company, which produces the Irn-Bru soft drink brand, said today (25 April) that Barr's Originals will be available in the UK from this week.
The range consists of four flavours - Real Lemonade, Ginger Beer, Dandelion and Burdock and Cream Soda with a twist of Raspberry and will be available in a 750ml glass bottle.
"Authenticity, naturalness and great taste are major trends which are driving consumer choice and our drinks deliver on all these fronts," said Adrian Barr, head of marketing at Barr. "Being bottled in glass reinforces our quality message and enables easy recycling."
The range will be offered in the UK with a recommended retail price of GBP1.49 (US$2.96) per serving. The launch will be supported nationally with press advertising, PR and sampling, the company added.
AG Barr last week took one step closer to becoming a cosmopolitan brand owner as it snapped up tropical fruit juice group Rubicon on Tuesday (5 August)....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week....
Soft drinks group AG Barr has said that growth from its core Irn-Bru brand and a new partnership with Rockstar Energy boosted sales in its first half....
Dr Pepper Snapple Group has expanded the distribution for its Crush CSD brand yet further in the US....
AG Barr has escaped an investigation by the UK's advertising watchdog, after its sexually provocative Orangina advert prompted hundreds of complaints from viewers....
PepsiCo has re-structured its North American beverages business to group its big drinks brands together in one unit....
Soft drinks makers in the US and Europe can stave off soaring input costs with higher prices and more innovation, a new report has claimed....
Higher prices kept soft drinks revenues afloat at Dr Pepper Snapple (DPSG) in its the second quarter, as the group suffered volume declines across its portfolio....
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- A snapshot of the UK spirits market - Focus
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends