UK: AG Barr extends Rockstar distribution deal
AG Barr extends Rockstar contract
Soft drinks group AG Barr has extended its sales and distribution contract with Rockstar Inc for its namesake energy drink in the UK and Ireland.
The two firms have signed a ten-year deal, AG Barr announced today (10 February).
AG Barr launched Rockstar energy drink in the UK in 2007 and since 2009 has manufactured Rockstar 500ml cans at its Cumbernauld production facility.
Jonathan Kemp, commercial director at AG Barr, said: “UK consumers have really adopted the Rockstar brand since we successfully launched it here in 2007.
"Our partners Rockstar Inc have backed us all the way with both marketing and NPD investment and this new agreement, underlines the partnership and commitment of both parties to the long term development of this exciting brand in the UK.”
The Rockstar range includes; Original, Sugar Free, Juiced, Guava Punched and Energy Cola.
Zach Lambakis, Rockstar's executive vice president for global business development, said: “By extending our deal early and moving into a long-term agreement we can now focus on our continued success and building of our brand."
AG Barr last month said it expects full-year profits to exceed expectations after sales in its final quarter were boosted by a strong performance from carbonates and Rubicon brands.
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research