UK: AG Barr acquires Taut International, whilst trading in-line
AG Barr has acquired Taut International, including the Taut (UK) business responsible for the Taut sports drinks range, for a nominal consideration of GBP1.
In a statement, AG Barr said that the unaudited consolidated accounts for Taut (UK) and Taut International for the year ended 31 December 2006 show a loss for the year of GBP1.3 million and gross assets of approximately GBP1m.
The Taut U. business sells and markets in the UK the Taut range of sports drinks which were launched in 2003.
AG Barr said the Taut acquisition will not have a material impact on its 2008/09 financial performance.
Meanwhile, the maker of Irn Bru reported that its full year trading results are all anticipated to be in line with expectations.
The company said today (24 January) that, despite trading for the financial year ending 26 January being hit by poor weather during the summer, the soft drinks market performed well during its final quarter.
The year saw the installation and commissioning of a GBP6.5m (US$12.8m) can line at its Cumbernauld site, the closure of its Atherton site, and the Irn Bru sponsorship of the Scottish Football Leagues, said the company.
During the year's trading, Barr also launched the Rockstar energy drink to the UK marketplace as well as acquiring Vitsmart and Vitaminsmart water brands.
Once aimed more or less exclusively at serious athletes, sports drinks are now being targeted at mainstream markets as more and more consumers look to incorporate sporting activities into their lives....
Leading Brands has seen the loss of distribution for Hansen energy drink last year hit its first quarter results....
Coca-Cola North America is introducing a new "energy" coffee line to its Full Throttle range to be rolled out in the US this month....
Carlsberg has completed the sale of three Scandinavian soft drinks and water brands to The Coca-Cola Co....
Canadian energy drinks producer Leading Brands has received a Nasdaq Staff Deficiency Letter, warning that the bid price of its common shares had closed below $1.00 per share, a minimum requirement fo...
Hat Trick Beverages has added a new "mid size" distributor for the Detroit and greater Michigan area....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
AG Barr has reported a slight lift in sales for the first 13 weeks of its current financial year....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- US craft beer to hit saturation soon - Koch
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends