US/POLAND: Acquisitions buoy CEDC during 2006
Central European Distribution Corporation has reported soaring full-year profits for 2006 thanks to first-time contributions from acquisitions in Poland and Hungary.
CEDC, which is headquartered in the US but is Poland's largest vodka group, posted a 78% leap in operating profit to US$91.6m for the year. Revenues rose 26% to US$944.1m.
President and CEO William Carey said yesterday (28 February) that CEDC had spent the last year integrating the acquired business into the company. He said: "We succeeded in delivering outstanding results for 2006. As we move into 2007 our strategy of growing our own brands and exclusive imports to drive higher sales and margins will be our top priority."
Last year, CEDC bought a slew of distributors including Classic, which is based in the north-east of Poland. The company also made its first acquisition outside Poland with the purchase of the Hungarian business of Bols vodka.
Carey was upbeat about the company's prospects in the region for 2007. "We believe that the economic conditions remain strong in Central Europe, which should bode well for continued growth of our higher margin products."
Russian Standard Vodka is taking one of its vodka brands to India....
Blavod Extreme Spirits is planning to sell its US subsidiary to its CEO....
Bols plans to launch its Bols Grenadine brand in the UK market in October....
United Spirits is mulling an expansion of its vodka offering in its home market, according to reports....
Castle Brands plans to extend the recent packaging revamp for its Boru vodka brand to the UK in September....
Pernod Ricard's chief executive Pierre Pringuet has attended meetings with politicians on a recent trip to Sweden, suggesting that the French company remains interested in buying its rival Vin & Sprit...
Bacardi has lined up its first promotional campaign for Grey Goose vodka in the US....
Bacardi has disclosed plans to close its rum distillery in the Bahamas due to changes in trade agreements and competition....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- US craft beer to hit saturation soon - Koch
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends