UK: Accolade Wines takes Geyser Peak international
Click through to view Accolade Wines' Geyser Peak Chardonnay, Merlot and Sauvignon Blanc varietals
Accolade Wines has lined up the worldwide roll-out of a range extension for its recently-purchased Geyser Peak Californian wine brand.
The Australia-headquartered company, which bought Geyser Peak from Ascentia Wine Estates last year, said earlier today (3 April) that Merlot, Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc expressions will target the UK and European markets. Three more varietals - Pinot Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon and Pinot Grigio - will be released early next year, Accolade said.
Also next year, two “higher tiers” will roll out in 2014, although further details were not released.
“We believe the new Geyser Peak range presents an ... opportunity for consumers looking for mid-range to premium level Californian wines,” said Accolade's marketing controller, Paul Hillier.
Ondine Chattan, director of winemaking at Geyser Peak, added: "We understand consumers in the UK and Europe are looking for a little more acidity, and a little more tannin and intensity in their wines than the US wine drinker."
The range will be available in World Duty Free from this month at an RRP of GBP8.99 (US$13.65) per 75cl bottle. Further listings will be announced throughout the year.
Glazer's has raised its profile in Tennessee through the purchase of another distributor in the state....
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How soft drinks can exploit alcohol's loss
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Diageo job cut figures "likely overstated"
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- Diageo investment paying off for Captain Morgan
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends