UK: Accolade Wines links with Mandela movie for Kumala push
The Kumala brand was refreshed last month
Accolade Wines' has launched a UK marketing campaign for its South African brand Kumala tied to the DVD release of Nelson Mandela movie “Long Walk to Freedom”.
The push will include press, in-store and social media activity around the film, Accolade said today (14 April). Consumers will also be able to win a trip to South Africa and copies of the DVD through a Facebook competition.
The competition is the first step of a new social media strategy for the brand - Klub Kumala - that will run across a variety of social media platforms later this year, Accolade said.
Total spend on the campaign was not disclosed.
“Long Walk to Freedom” is a biographical film based on the life of the former freedom fighter and South African president. The DVD is due for release on 28 April.
Accolade previously announced a refresh for Kumala's pacakging last month.
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Fruit-flavoured beer? Think of the kids - Comment
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Asahi’s Peroni Ambra - NPD
- Carlsberg makes non-alcoholic brand organic
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends