Product Launch - US: Accolade Wines' Light Grape Collection
Click through to view an image of the range
Accolade Wines' Light Grape Collection
Category - Wine, California, low-calorie, 8.5% abv
Available - On shelves next month
Location - Off-trade; selected US markets
Price - SRP of US$12 per bottle
Accolade Wines is capitalising on the trend for low-calorie wines by launching a new range, Light Grape, targeted at "health conscious" consumers.
The four-strong range, all at 8.5% abv, includes: 2012 Chardonnay, 2011 Rosé, 2012 White Blend and 2011 Red Blend. The wines will be on shelves next month in selected US off-trade markets.
The wines contain 80 calories per five ounce glass, Accolade said. Initial launch activities will include an "extensive" summer advertising campaign with Weight Watchers magazine, the company said.
"While many U.S. consumers are interested in trying lower-calorie wines, scepticism about quality and taste have been the biggest obstacles to purchase," said Accolade Wines' North America marketing VP, Reid Stinnett.
"With The Light Grape, we've found the perfect solution: flavourful wines that offer health conscious consumers a superior, low-calorie wine-drinking experience."
Beam, as the world’s fourth largest international spirits company and seventh largest overall, should be in a strong position. In some ways it is, however, it suffers from a large proportion of its vo...
Global Wine industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also ...
Diageo's renewed focus on its Don Julio Tequila brand in the US is producing solid growth in the on-trade, with opportunities to expand further, according to latest figures....
Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) is giving its Lindeman's brand a fresh push with a new GBP1m (US$1.6m) digital ad campaign in the UK and Northern Europe. ...
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research