UKRAINE: Accolade Wines launches Hardys in Ukraine
Hardys has been launched in Ukraine
Australian wine brand Hardys has been launched in Ukraine to take advantage of a "huge market", its owner Accolade Wines said today (17 August).
The Australian wine group said the first orders of Hardys have arrived with retailers, and wine and spirits producer Olimp will exclusively distribute the brand. Ukraine represents a "significant opportunity" for the brand, Accolade said.
“We are extremely confident that our link up with Olimp, who are one of the biggest drinks companies in the Ukraine, will grow sales across what is a huge market," said Andrey Grumondz, Accolade's Russia and Eastern Europe sales director.
He claimed that Australian wine is "under-represented" in Ukraine.
Initially, five Hardys SKUs will be made available - Hardys VR (Chardonnay, Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon) and Hardys Stamp (Riesling-Gewurztraminer and Shiraz-Cabernet Sauvignon), Accolade said.
Hardys is now available in about 70 countries, the group said.
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research