US: Accolade Wines brings North America distribution in-house
Accolade said the switch happens with immediate effect
Its North America unit will take responsibility for all sales, marketing and distribution of Hardys, Banrock Station, Tintara, Whiskers Blake Port and Trackers Crossing, with immediate effect, the global wine group said today (1 October). Accolade was formed last year, after Constellation sold its Australian and UK wine operations to Sydney-based private equity group CHAMP.
Constellation had solely distributed the brands in the US since 2003 and prior to this they were part of the Pacific Wine Partners portfolio, a JV between BRL Hardy and Constellation, from 2001 to 2003.
He added: "We believe there is significant room for growth on the existing Australian brands as well as new ones we will be launching in the near future."
The group said the change "will not affect current arrangements" involving the distribution of Accolade and Constellation Brands in other markets.
In August, Accolade announced a shake-up of its European management structure, which saw the business split into two divisons and its Europe general manager, James Lousada, leave the company.
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Cognac is back - is Remy Cointreau ready?
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World